Shopify can be used as an e-commerce platform and a POS in store. Our integration has the ability to pull in contacts along with pushing new signups.
1.In order to connect your Store to Alpine IQ, you must first create a private app and grant us the following permissions:
Shopify Private App Permissions:
- read_all_orders (when using POS)
- read_orders (when using POS)
- write_customers (when using Sync Contacts)
- read_products (when using POS)
- read_locations (when using Locations)
- read_checkouts (when using Abandoned Carts)
For instructions on how to create and edit your private app on Shopify, please refer to their guide here
2. After the Private App is created, copy the ShopName, Key & Password in order to paste those in Alpine IQ
3. Head into the dashboard and click Connect Data > Data Sources > Shopify > Connect
4. Check off the box next to Required All users from this source have passed an age gate compliant with my industry.
5. Fill in the fields from Step 2:
6. At this point consider which functions are needed for the connection and check off the settings at the bottom based on the Permissions that were granted in Step 1.
7. Click the green Connect button to save the settings!
These additional settings are not required but can alter data, please review before enabling!
Send an SMS double optin request if a contact with a phone number is synced from this source after: X Date - This will send a text request to any new phone number that has not opted out already
Turn on loyalty membership if contact is synced from this source after: X Date - this will force loyalty enrollment for every Persona that shows up Use Alpine IQ's last backup of this sources data Turn this on to freeze your data from this source from the last audience run and discontinue hitting the sources API for new data. Sync Contacts Enabling this will make Alpine sync all new contact signups generated from Alpine services into the integration. To change a users contact info, please alter it directly in the POS so that it will update in Alpine. This setting is activated on the day it's enabled moving forward.
Sync to State Enabling this will make Alpine only sync contacts that belong to the given credential's region.
Regions Optional: State/Province(s) these credentials would sync contacts with - can be used to only send to particular states/provinces if needed to specify over the prior setting
1. Schedule your campaign to be Ongoing 2. Under Advanced Settings, flip the Trigger when Shopify cart is abandoned to Yes:
Abandoned cart messages will be sent to a consumer as soon as a cart is sent to Alpine IQ (which, for Shopify, is after 2 hours of inactivity with a cart). Messages will only be sent to current members of the dispensary’s loyalty program, meaning they must have previously signed up for us to know they exist. If you need help setting a campaign up, we have a sample Template under the "Quick setup" section in the top left of the dashboard you can install!
Shopify now has the ability to send the Customer's Abandoned Cart through AIQ's Dynamic Content. When the "User Abandoned Items" preference is enabled, The Customers will be directed to their previously Abandoned Cart via the Dynamic Content.
Shopify's integration with Alpine IQ's Dynamic Content allows for abandoned carts to be sent to customers, increasing the chance of retaining revenue that would have otherwise been lost.
The use of Dynamic Content in your Campaigns also enhances end-consumer engagement, leading to increased conversions and ROI.
To Utilize Shopify's integration with abandoned carts, navigate to Data Integrations > Shopify then select the "Connect" button. Then scroll down to Additional Settings, and enable Abandoned Carts.
Then, navigate to your "Product Feed" within the Campaign, and enable the "User Abandoned Items" preference.
And then toggle on the "User Abandoned Items" preference.
Our integration supports only one storename. However, if you have multiple locations set up we can pull those!