Jane POS is an integrated partner that allows pulling of customer records with their sales and inventory from the product catalog.
In order to connect Jane POS to Alpine IQ, you must locate your credentials - please reach out to your Jane POS rep or your dedicated Alpine IQ Onboarding Specialist to assist.
1. Log in to Alpine IQ and navigate to the Settings section on the top left, Then Data Integrations
2. Search for the Jane POS integration and click on Connect
3. Once the settings slide open, enter the Store Name and API Key from Jane POS then click Add Credential green button to save it:
4. Scroll down to the Loyalty section and make sure you check off the box next to "* All users are age compliant with my industry?":
5. Lastly, click the green Update Connection button at the bottom to save all the settings and begin pulling data
NOTE: Do not touch any other settings in this integration card without consulting an Onboarding Specialist or Customer Success Manager as they can affect your data and the customer's opt-in status!
A few things to note:
- Within 24 hours, you should see data populating in Alpine IQ
- Look under your Personas page in Alpine IQ. The integration is functioning properly if you see "janepos" under the Sourced from column
- Once you see data coming through Alpine, you must "map" the API key to the store(s) to assign a "favorite store" to the customer
How to map a store:
- Navigate to Settings -> Manage store(s)
- Click Customize
3. Under Map store names you'll see the Jane POS symbol
4. Click on the empty field to the right of the symbol and a dropdown will appear to "map" the key
5. Click the green Save settings button If nothing appears when you click in the field, the key may have been entered incorrectly and should review the steps above
This process must be replicated if/when a new store is added!
Use AIQ's last backup - Turn this on to freeze your data from this source and discontinue hitting the sources API for new data. DO NOT TURN ON UNLESS SWITCHING POS AND WANT TO KEEP DATA
Send Text double-optins if imported after: - used for sending requests to join the marketing communications, this will trigger an SMS to be sent to any phone number that is not currently opted in(message shown under SMS defaults). Keep in mind that if this setting is removed later on it can cause loyalty profiles to be lost if they only used this setting to become a member and did not use a signup form - not recommended to change after it is set!
Sourced contacts are considered loyal - this will auto-enroll any persona sourced from Jane POS as a loyalty member regardless of signup on a form, useful to speed up the process and catch everyone into loyalty via this source. Keep in mind that if this setting is removed later on it can cause loyalty profiles to be lost if they only used this setting to become a member and did not use a signup form - not recommended to change after it is set! Loyalty points imported on - if a date is filled in we will pull in loyalty points and stop afterwards from Jane POS, use this in conjunction by turning on the loyalty points within Alpine by heading to Settings > Loyalty > Points accrual start date and set that for the following day