Hubspot is a CRM tool that can be used to sync your audiences back and forth between Alpine IQ to keep your contact lists up to date. Read on below to see how to connect to your account and what features we offer.
For both connection options, you will need to create a Private App and generate an API Key from Hubspot. Please refer to their steps the article here.
Starting November 30th 2022 - Hubspot is changing how to handle API Keys. Private API Keys will be required and certain scopes need to be granted for use with Alpine IQ.
When generating the Private App API Key, please grant access to these scopes:
1.Head to the Connect Data tab in your left navigation bar and then click Data Sources.
2. Scroll down the CRM section and locate the Hubspot integration card then click the white Connect button.
3. Paste in your Private API Key that you grabbed from your Hubspot account into the Private App Key field.
4. Check off the box next to the setting "Required All users from this source have passed an age gate compliant with my industry."
5. Click the green Connect button to save the settings!
Note: You will now be connected but the following settings are optional and will depend on your intended setup.
Optional Integration Settings:
Send an SMS double optin request if a contact with a phone number is synced from this source after: X Date - Set this to trigger a opt-in text to be sent for every new phone number (this is set in the Texting Defaults). Turn on loyalty membership if contact is synced from this source after: X Date - Forces all customers to be enrolled in your loyalty program and begin accruing points. Use Alpine IQ's last backup of this sources data Turn this on to freeze your data from this source from the last audience run and discontinue hitting the sources API for new data. - DO NOT USE THIS UNLESS YOU ARE SWITCHING SYSTEMS AND NEED TO PRESERVE DATA.
Sync Contacts Enabling this will make Alpine sync the most complete version of contact records across hubs and between both integrations. - Turn this on in order to send updated details back to Hubspot for example, a customer updates their own info on the wallet. Keep in mind this will push all contacts not just specific ones, if that is what you need to do look below how to push audiences.
1.Head to the Connect Data tab in your left navigation bar and then click Data Destinations. 2. Scroll down the CRM section and locate the Hubspot integration card then click the white Connect button.
3. Insert your API key from your Hubspot account into the Key field.
4. (Optional) Add Meta Data to map Audience IDs to HubSpot List IDs. Alpine IQ appends contacts with email addresses to HubSpot lists. They are not removed if they leave the Alpine IQ audience. Ensure HubSpot is checked as a "Data Destination" within the Audience Builder for a mapped audience.
5. Click the green Connect button to save your key and finish the connection.
- If you want to send the audience to an existing Hubspot list, make sure the list is static and active in Hubspot and get its List ID.
- Check the box for Hubspot logo as a data destination in the Alpine IQ audience:
Notes on Mapping:
- If a mapping was not created to an existing Hubspot list, Alpine IQ will automatically attempt to create a new Hubspot list with the Alpine IQ audience name and ID in the list name.
- If you want to map an audience you can grab the ID in the URL or in the column in the Audiences table and then go back into your integration to associate it with the respective Hubspot List ID.
- Syncing will generally start within 4 hours.
- Go to Lists
- Click on the Details button on the list you want to use
- A side window will pop up on the right
- ListID in popup!
If you have Hubspot set up as a Data Destination, you have the ability to pull those records in, create a specific audience in Alpine IQ, and push that audience as a Hubspot List to use in Hubspot.
If you haven't set up Hubspot as a Data Destination in Alpine IQ, see the section further up on this page called How to Connect Hubspot to Alpine IQ - For Pushing Out Specific Contact Lists.
Hubspot requires email addresses, so we only send contacts that have that filled in and opt-in.
Follow the steps below to push custom Alpine IQ audiences to Hubspot:
1.Log into Alpine IQ and head to Audiences > Create Audience and create the audience as you normally would. Select ALL data sources and under Data Destinations, select the Hubspot icon. Save the audience.
2. Copy the Audience ID in the far left column.
3. Create a list in Hubspot called "[AUDIENCE NAME] - AIQ" and make note of that ListID.
4. Head back into Alpine IQ and head to Connect Data > Data Destinations and Edit the Hubspot integration car. Enter the Alpine IQ AudienceID and the Hubspot ListID, click Add Mapping, and Update connection.
You now have a custom Alpine IQ audience available to use in Hubspot!
A note that the list will only be available if you have the space available for contact and list. Your available list and contact limits are based on your Hubspot package. Please contact your Hubspot representative if you need to increase these limits.