This Point of Sale connection allows:
- The syncing of customer records and sales that occur in-store and sent over to Alpine IQ.
- Data received via Flourish includes
- Transactional Sales
- Customer signups
- Marketing communications
- Discount redemptions during checkout
- New record will be created into Flourish if using one of the signup forms we provide!
Reminder: POS orders can take up to 4 hours to appear in your Alpine IQ account, keep this in mind as customers will not see their accrued points instantly!
1.Log into your Alpine IQ account: Navigate to Settings > API & Tracking and copy over your API key and UID
2. Take your API key and UID then head over to your Flourish account and follow their steps to enter these values: Alpine IQ / Flourish : Integration Setup You will need to head back into Alpine IQ after you paste in your API Key & UID, this time with the Flourish username and their own key.
3. Once back from Flourish: Navigate to Settings > Data Integrations > Data Destinations > Flourish card and click connect to have the settings pop up:
Check the Required checkbox, enter your credentials, click Add Credentials and finally click Connect!
WARNING: Do not touch any other settings in this card without consulting an Onboarding Specialist or Customer Success Manager - This would automatically begin sending out SMS opt in requests or auto-enrolling loyalty customers!
A few things to note AFTER CONNECTING:
- Within 24 hours, you should see data populating in Alpine IQ
- Look under your Personas page in Alpine IQ. The integration is functioning properly if you see "flourish" under the Sourced from column
- Once you see data coming through Alpine, you must "map" the API key to the store(s) to assign a "favorite store" to the customer
Next map your stores:
1. Click 'Settings' in the top-left of your AIQ dashboard
2. Click 'Retail Stores' 3. Click 'Customize'
3. Under Map store names you'll see the Flourish symbol 4. Click on the empty field to the right of the symbol and a dropdown will appear to "map" the key
5. Click the green Save settings button
This process must be replicated if/when a new store is added!
It is recommended to review the settings on the Flourish side that would affect things like:
- Requiring Phone numbers and/or Emails
- Defaulting which POS tab displays per member type
- Custom URL for your signup form on receipts
Please refer to their guide here: Flourish Integration Preferences
- Send an SMS double optin request if a contact with a phone number is synced from this source after: X Date - This will trigger an SMS to be sent to any phone number We (that is not currently opted in or already explicitly opted out) to ask them to join the marketing list after the date entered
- Turn on loyalty membership if contact is synced from this source after: X Date - this will auto enroll any persona sourced from Flourish as a loyalty member regardless of signup on a form, useful if everyone needs to be marked for accruing points
- Use Alpine IQ's last backup of this sources data - Turn this on to freeze your data from this source from the last audience run and discontinue hitting the sources API for new data. DO NOT TURN ON UNLESS SWITCHING POINT OF SALE SYSTEMS AND WANT TO KEEP HISTORICAL DATA
- Sync Contacts - Enabling this will make Alpine send new contact signups generated from Alpine services into the integration. This will only send creations after enabled and does not include profile updates.
- Sync to State -Enabling this will make Alpine only sync contacts that belong to the given credential's region
Flourish has the ability for in-checkout redemption. In order to utilize this function you must make sure the discounts exist in both systems! Please note that Flourish is responsible for the actual checkout behavior whereas Alpine IQ determines who can get the discount and how many points it requires. It is recommended to create the discount in Flourish first since you will need to link them via the POS ID. Please consult the guide here: Flourish Discount Guide After you create the discount on Flourish and have the discount ID you can follow the steps to create the discount on Alpine IQ:
1. Create the discount as you normally would inside Alpine IQ (After creating in Flourish)
2. Add in the $ or % off
3. The main thing that connects the discounts is making sure the ID of matching discount in your POS system setting is filled in.
Flourish allows onboarding new customers and existing customers into marketing communications. Please refer to their in-depth guide on how to make sure customers are taken care of during your in-store process here: Flourish Profile Documentation
POS orders can take up to 4 hours to appear in your Alpine IQ account, keep this in mind as customers will not see their accrued points instantly!