This integration allows:
- Pulling of customer records, sales, inventory
- Pushing new loyalty signups
1. Email [email protected] and request your API keys be released for the purpose of integrating with Alpine IQ. You will receive a data release form to sign before receiving the keys.
2. Cova will then send email instructions to sign into their PROD environment with a username they created for you and a temporary password. Below is an example of the email you'll receive from Cova:
"Hello, I have included all of the credential information for [Business Name] in our prod environment that you will need for the AlpineIQ integration, but you will need to sign in to hub.covasoft.net to update your temporary password using the username and password below: User Name: AlpineIQ.COVA.APIUser.YOURSTORENAME Password: [permanent password provided by Cova] Please let me know once the integration is set up and I will close this ticket but I will continue to follow up till then. Please note: If you are having issues being able to connect or get an authorization token, please be sure you are using the new permanent password you created (the temporary one will not work). If you need more information provided or have questions, please contact [email protected] for help. In the first phase of your development you should ensure that you are able to successfully generate an access token and you will need to use the following credentials: Access Token Credentials
- grant-type: password
- client_id: YOURCOMPANYNAME.AlpineIQ
- client_secret: RANDOMSTRING
- username: AlpineIQ.COVA.APIUser.YOURCOMPANYNAME
- password: [password provided by Cova]
In order to update your temporary password please log into https://hub.covasoft.net/"
You'll need to log in and change the temporary password in Cova before connecting to Alpine or you'll receive an error and be unable to pull any data!
3. After creating a new password, log in to your Alpine IQ dashboard and click the Connect data button from the left-side navigation menu
4. Scroll down to the Cova integration card and click Connect
5. Refer back to the email Cova sent, which contains the necessary information to log in and update your password. The email also contains the necessary credentials to complete the Credentials section:
6. After these are filled in, click the green Add Credentials button
7. Next, check off the box next to Required All users from this source have passed an age gate compliant with my industry.
8. Lastly, click the green Connect button at the bottom of the settings:
And that's all you have to do to get Cova connected! Do not touch any other settings in the card yet before reading further.
- Within 24 hours, you should see data populating in Alpine IQ
- Look under your Personas page in Alpine IQ. The integration is functioning properly if you see "cova" under the Sourced from column
- Once you see data coming through Alpine, you must "map" the API key to the store(s) to assign a "favorite store" to the customer
How to map a store:
1.Navigate to Settings -> Manage store(s)
2. Click Customize
3. Under Map store names you'll see the Cova symbol
4. Click on the empty field to the right of the symbol and a dropdown will appear to "map" the key
5. Click Save settings and you are done mapping the stores! Keep in mind this must be repeated for any additional stores that you add to the account.
The following settings are optional and can affect data, proceed with caution before enabling/disabling!
- Send an SMS double optin request if a contact with a phone number is synced from this source after: X Date - recommend turning this on after going live with new sign ups. This will trigger an SMS to be sent to any phone number that is not currently opted in to ask them to join the marketing list (message shown under SMS defaults)
- Turn on loyalty membership if contact is synced from this source after: X Date - this will auto enroll any persona sourced from Cova as a loyalty member regardless of signup on a form, useful to speed up process and catch everyone if desired
- Use Alpine IQ's last backup of this sources data - Turn this on to freeze your data from this source from the last audience run and discontinue hitting the sources API for new data. DO NOT TURN ON UNLESS SWITCHING POS AND WANT TO KEEP DATA
- Sync Contacts - Enabling this will make Alpine sync all new contact signups generated from Alpine services into the integration. This will only send creations after enabled and does not include profile updates.
- Sync to State -Enabling this will make Alpine only sync contacts that belong to the given credential's region.
- Freeze Freeze data for this Cova credential - Only use this if switching to or adding an additional POS source and want to keep the data that was pulled until it was checked for a particular Key/store location
- Custom Attributes - Provide any custom product attributes that you would like to use for reporting and segmenting. Example: 'XYZ Label'
- Do you want Alpine to mirror loyalty points from Cova? + Select a date if any, that you would like us to import loyalty points values from: - useful to pull loyalty points before using Alpine to be the accrual counter. Make sure Cova is points is turned off there so we are only counting in Alpine to prevent duplicating points or mismatches
- Pricing Group ID - Set a pricing group ID you would like to force for all Cova creations made by Alpine
- Skip Payment Method - Enabling this will skip pulling payment method information if not used (in turn speeding up time it takes to pull Cova data)
When enabled, the Queue feature allows budtenders to see customers as they check in to your "waiting room" giving them the ability to easily pull up their profile to see things like product preferences, their Alpine IQ wallet, and the customers' order history.
It also shows the customer's loyalty status. If not enrolled, it will show as the "Signup" button as shown for the customers above, but if they are a loyalty member it will show up as a red button that says "Enrolled".
How to Enable:
1.Go to Settings
2. Click Manage store(s)
3. Click the pencil icon "Edit this location"
4. Scroll down to the bottom and click See additional settings
5. Toggle the Opt In Queue feature to Yes
6. Click Save store
7. Now scroll down to Configure Alpine IQ
8. Click Loyalty
9. On the far right side of the screen, toggle Budtender can see waiting room queue to Yes
10. Click the green Save settings button
11. Cova Queue Feature is now on and visible in the budtender view!
Yes! Head to your Audience page and build a Delivery audience using the traits below: