Before you can start sending emails through Alpine IQ, you must authenticate your domain.
Domain authentication shows Alpine IQ that you do in fact own your domain name that you want to send from. To give Alpine IQ permission to send using this domain, you point DNS entries from your DNS provider (like GoDaddy, Rackspace, or Cloudflare) to Alpine.
DNS: DNS stands for Domain Name System. This is a naming system for domains on the internet. When we refer to your DNS, we are talking about your domain name that you want to send emails from, or that you want to link images from. When we talk about your DNS provider, we are talking about the service that hosts your domain name. For example, GoDaddy, Rackspace, or Cloudflare.
CNAME: The CNAME record creates an alias for subdomain.yourdomain.com.
1) In Alpine IQ, under Configure Alpine IQ, select Email Settings
2) Select the Add domain button
3) Fill in the domain that you want to send from and add advanced settings as needed. Make sure that you only enter the name of your root domain and press save domain.
- Do not include www or http://www in this field. Your domain needs to match the domain of your FROM address on the emails you are sending out. For example, if I am sending an email from firstname.lastname@example.org, I would set my domain authentication domain to be alpineiq.com.
- If you're using a domain that's already been setup with Alpine IQ on a different account, you'll need to use a custom DKIM selector. Open "Advanced options" and enter your 3 letters or numbers into "Custom DKIM". For example, you could use "org", or "001".
4) The page will reload with 3 CNAMES.
5) Next, you need to add all of the CNAME records on this screen to your DNS host. This process varies depending on your DNS host.
6) Once you add the CNAME records to your DNS host, return to the Email settings page and click Refresh. (It can take up to 48 hours for the records to verify after you upload them into your DNS host, so you will likely have to come back later to verify.)
1) Sender Name: Input your brand/company name
2) From email: Input the email address you want your email campaigns to be from. Usually, this is some sort of shared email address, i.e: Friends@alpineiq.com, Marketing@alpineiq.com
3. Reply-to-name: When a customer replies to one of your emails, what name do want to be used as the Recipient. i.e. Support Team, Alpine IQ
4) Reply-to-email: When a customer replies to one of your emails, input what email address you would like the responses to go to.
5) Input your Address, city, state, zip and country. This information is required on the footer of all email campaigns.
6) Click save sender